Staff Training | Enroll Staff Onto Apprenticeships
Are you looking to train your existing staff? Did you know that you can enroll staff onto apprenticeships so that they can obtain a nationally recognised qualification whilst working on the job?
This brilliant method of staff training allows your staff to work and learn at the same time, and obtain NVQ qualifications and thus ensuring they have the right skills and training in place.
In order to turn your existing staff into apprentices for FREE then the staff must be aged between 16-18 as the government fully funds this age group. If the staff members are aged 19-24 years old then the funding is cut and there may be a small contribution to pay. In some cases it may be free, but it depends on the training provider and how much funding they have available.
- BUILD A MOTIVATED, SKILLED AND QUALIFIED WORKFORCE
Apprentices acquire new skills in the academic environment, and then have the opportunity to apply them in a real job. This ultimately means your business acquires trained, qualified and skilled staff.
- IMPROVE PRODUCTIVITY WHILE REDUCING COSTS
According to Karen Woodward, Deputy Director at the Skills Funding Agency, greater productivity is reported by around 72% of apprentice employers, with the average Apprenticeship completer increasing business productivity by £214 per week.
- IMPROVE YOUR BOTTOM LINE
Government funding that can pay for the cost of training the Apprentice, which can be TOTALLY FREE depending on certain criteria. Grants are also currently available that can, depending on criteria, net your business £1500 towards the cost of employing an Apprentice.
- FILL YOUR SKILLS GAPS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH INDUSTRY STANDARDS
The key is to first identify what skills shortages your business has. Once you identify your training needs, you can then enrol your staff onto an Apprenticeship whose training will address this need.
- IMPROVE STAFF RETENTION
Apprenticeships help to create a dedicated, loyal workforce. This is because most Apprentices are school or college leavers, who are eager to succeed and progress within your organisation.
- REDUCE RECRUITMENT COSTS
At Northern Apprenticeships & Business Training we do not charge you, the employer, anything for taking on an Apprentice as our costs consist of commission paid from the Training Provider’s fees.
As apprenticeship specialists we would scour the market to get you the best prices possible and try to keep the training free where possible.
You may get a £1,500 apprenticeship grant if:
- You have less than 50 employees
- Your apprentice is aged 16 to 24
- You can claim support for up to 5 apprentices.
We can help turn existing staff into apprentices if:
- Aged 16-18 for fully funded training
- Aged 19-24 for part funded training
- Aged 24+ you will have to pay a larger fee unless we can source a provider with 24+ funding
- You can commit to providing support and on the job training
- Are willing for the staff to attend college as necessary
- Apprentices work at least 30 hours per week
- You have a genuine desire to up-skill your workforce
- Keep apprentices on current salary (We won’t work with employers who want to use apprentices as an excuse to provide lower wages)
- The staff have at least Grades A – E in Maths and English